table of Contents
- 1 JKSSB Finance Accounts Assistant syllabus 2023 Download pdf
- 1.1 JKSSB Finance Account Assistant Syllabus includes the following topics –
- 1.2 Download Jkssb FAA SYLLABUS Pdf
- 1.3 Accountancy and Book Keeping: 30 Marks
- 1.4 GENERAL ENGLISH: 10 Marks
- 1.5 Statistics: 10 Marks
- 1.6 Download JKSSB Accounts Assistant Finance Syllabus PDF
JKSSB Finance Accounts Assistant syllabus 2023 Download pdf
The Jammu and Kashmir Services Selection Board (JKSSB) conducts the Finance Account Assistant (FAA) exam for the recruitment of Finance Account Assistants in the state. The exam is conducted to select eligible candidates for the role of accounts assistant in various departments of the Jammu and Kashmir government.
Download JKUpdate App Official
JKSSB Finance Account Assistant Syllabus includes the following topics –
- General Knowledge with special reference to J&K UT
- General Economics
- Knowledge of Computer Applications
- Accountancy and Book Keeping
- General Science
- Mental Ability & Reasoning
Download Jkssb FAA SYLLABUS Pdf
General Knowledge with special reference to J&K UT: 30 Marks
- Current Events of National and International importance
- Political & Physical divisions of world & India
- Indian Culture, Heritage and Freedom Struggle/Movement.
- Transport & Communication.
- Demography- Census, its feature and functions.
- Important Rivers & Lakes in India.
- Weather, Climate, Crops, Means of Transport of India.
- Environment, Ecology & Bio-diversity.
- J&K UT
- Geography- (Weather, Climate, Crops, Rivers, Lakes, Flora, Fauna etc.)
- Heritage & Culture
- Important Tourist Destinations
- J&K Reorganisation Act, 2019.
Accountancy and Book Keeping: 30 Marks
- Introduction to Financial Accounting and its terms.
- Accounting equation and Journal.
- Voucher Approach in Accounting.
- Bank Reconciliation Statement.
- Financial Management/Statements.
- Partnership Accounts.
- Ledger Accounts.
- Cash Book, Financial Audit.
- Elements of Double entry Book Keeping.
- Trial Balance.
- Trading Account.
- Profit Loss Account and Balance Sheet.
- Concept of Social Accounting, Social Audit, and cash-based single entry system of accounting.
- Public Financial Management System (PFMS).
- Indian Financial Management System.
- Taxation, Tax Laws- Direct, Indirect
- Cost Management-Budgetary control
- Cost Accounting
- Developments in Accounting
GENERAL ENGLISH: 10 Marks
- Rearranging of jumbled sentences.
- Comprehension with blanks to be filled in with
- Homonyms / homophones.
- Synonyms and antonyms
- Pairs of words and their use in meaningful sentences.
- Idioms and phrases.
- Uses of Prepositions.
- Active & Passive Voice
Statistics: 10 Marks
- Primary and secondary data.
- Methods of collecting Primary and Secondary Data
- Preparation of questionnaires
- Tabulation and compilation of Data
- Measures of Central Tendency
- Theory of Probability
- Attributes- Basic concepts and their applications(Theory).
- Theory of Index Numbers: Tests of Index numbers- Wholesale and consumer price index numbers.
- Demography-Census, its features, and functions.
- Vital Statistics- Measures of fertility, Crude fertility rates, specific fertility rates, gross and net reproduction rates., Measures of Mortality
Mathematics: 10 Marks
- Simple / Compound interest.
- Linear equations with two variables.
- Permutations/ Combinations & Binomial Theorem.
- Limits & Derivatives.
- Set Theory- Basic Concepts and Applications.
- Relations and Functions
- Matrices & Determinants
- Coordinate & Three dimensional Geometry
Download JKSSB Accounts Assistant Finance Syllabus PDF
General Economics: 10 Marks
- Introduction of Economics- Basic concept and Principles.
- Fiscal & Monetary Policy- Meaning, Scope, and Methodology.
- Theory of consumer demand using indifference curve technique.
- Demand Analysis
- Factor Pricing –Marginal productivity Theory & Ricardian Theory of Rent
- Pricing under various forms of Market.
- Factors of production & Laws of Production.
- Concept of Economic Growth and its measurement
- Characteristics and problems of developing economy
- Planning vs Market Economy.
- Economic Reforms in India
- Concept & Measurement of National Income.
- Role of RBI
General Science: 10 Marks
- Newtons Laws of Motion, Mass, Weight, Acceleration, Velocity, Speed, etc
- Electric Current, Power, Energy, Voltage.
- Chemical Equation, types.
- Metals, Non-metals- Physical & Chemical properties.
- Various sources of energy; Conventional sources of energy; Biomass and wind energy. Non-conventional sources of energy (Solar energy, Tidal energy).
- Nutrition and its types, Respiration, Transportation of water, food, and minerals in plants.
- Communicable & Non-Communicable Diseases.
- Vitamins- diseases related to vitamin deficiency.
- Ecosystem – Its components, Food chains, and Food webs.
- Environmental pollution. Ozone layer, its depletion, Green House Effect.
Computer Applications -10 marks
- Basic Applications of Computer and its component.
- Fundamentals of computer sciences.
- Concept of Open Source Technologies.
- Input & Output Devices.
- Operating system
- Knowledge of MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access, MS Powerpoint, PDF Internet, and E-mail.
- Concept of Computer Virus and Anti-Virus.
- Hardware & Software, Elements of Computers Processing System Hardware, CPU, Peripherals, Storage Media, Software Definition, Role and Categories Firmware, and Human-ware.
- Role of Information Technology in Governance.
- Furthermore, Candidates can download the PDF format of the Accounts Assistant Finance Syllabus below here
Additionally, JKSSB has uploaded Sub-Inspector Syllabus, for various posts advertised recently.
Download Jkssb FAA SYLLABUS Pdf
Jkssb finance account Assistant Exam Calendar
JKSSB FAA Exam Analysis
Note: The selection for the JKSSB posts shall be made on the basis of merit obtained in written examination only.
(I) The Examination will consist of Objective Type, Multiple choice questions only. The questions will be set in English only with a duration of 2 hrs.
(II) There will be a negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer.
(III) Tentative Answer Keys, in due course after the JKSSB Examination, will be placed on the website of the Board (www.jkssb.nic.in). Any representation regarding Answer Keys received within the time limit fixed by the Board at the time of uploading of the JKSSB Answer Keys, will be scrutinized and the decision of the Board in this regard will be final. No representation regarding Answer keys shall be entertained, afterwards.
(IV) Marks scored by candidates in the written test will be normalized if required, to determine final merit and cut-off marks.
JKSSB Finance Accounts Assistant 2023 Download