table of Contents
Meeting with Exam Conducting Agencies (ECAs) for conduct of Computer Based Tests
Jammu and Kashmir Services Selection Board has been conducting examinations through digital mode and the recruitment process of such examinations involves inviting applications, conduct of examinations, evaluation of candidates, verification of documents and formation of panel of eligible candidates. The Computer Based Tests (CBTs) are conducted in English Language only. Considering that JKSSB is the main recruitment Agency in the UT of Jammu and Kashmir, each employment Notification issued by it, attracts huge number of application forms.
Flawless conduct of CBTs require the Examination Conducting Agency (ECA) to undertake meticulous planning large scale mobilization of resources and efficient capturing, handling and processing of data. The Examination software (version) used should be certified and thoroughly tested for ensuring integrity of the examination. Adopting certified technology security measures in protecting and transmitting sensitive data is another very important requirement.
Major activities to be undertaken by ECA for safe conduct of CBTs under multiple shifts are as under:-
- Identification, selection and preparation of adequate number of standard venues in Major cities and towns for the conduct of Computer Based Tests within stipulated time. These examination centers should have a robust LAN with State-of-the-art networking devices and sufficient power back up to ensure an uninterrupted exam. These examination centers should have good road connectivity and meet the parameters set by JKSSB.
- Scheduling of candidates to ensure uniform distribution for multiple shifts and generation of E-Call letters. Special care is required for scheduling of persons with Benchmark Disability (PwBD) candidates to PwBD friendly venues at accessible
- Pre-audit of all examination venues for parameters such as Zero-Black spot CCTV coverage, mock testing of the system at full load covering all aspects to avoid failures during examination due to delay in downloading of question Paper (QP) to primary server and candidate nodes, buffering issues, taking over by secondary server in case of problems in primary server, interruption in power supply, re-login issues of
computer nodes, etc.
- Sending communications to the candidates by e-mail and/or SMS at various stages
and providing helpdesk facilities for the candidates.
- Maintain a robust question bank and options/answer keys in a safe and secure manner
for preparation of adequate number of question sets and automated encrypted
administration just before the start of a shift. Further, as scores of candidates are
‘Normalized’, the difficulty level of QPs in various shifts has to be maintained uniformly.
End-to-End support including technical, operational, logistic and manpower related for
various activities like:
a. Security & frisking of Candidates
b. Invigilation in labs.
c. Capturing Biometrics of Candidates.
d. Establishment of a control room at JKSSB offices at Jammu & Srinagar with robust
dashboards for real-time monitoring of examinations:
e. Ensure a seamless, secure conduct examination
f. Depending on the posts and examination scheme there may be multiple stages
examination some of which are specialized such as computer Based Aptitude Test,
Typing Skill Test, and Stenography Test etc.
g. Storage and transmission of examination logs and other documents in a safe and
secure mode within prescribed time frame.
NOTE: Stay connect with JKUpdate.in click on bell icon right side on the bottom for free job alert on your phone.
III Post Examination
a. Processing the objections received from candidates with regard to
b. Timely submission of examination result to JKSSB as per the approved merit list
c. Support JKSSB during Document Verification as regards biometric validation,
candidate documents etc.
d. For the entire exam process, supply the requisite information to JKSSB for replying
to RTI queries, Court cases etc. related to questions/answer keys and other
activities performed by them on behalf of JKSSB
Before inviting open tender for finalization of ECA, it is proposed to have an interaction
with the prospective bidders to know about their credentials and methodology of
conducting CBT on 01stSept. 2022 at 11 AM in person at Video Conference
Institute Centre J&K of Management Public Hall/Facilitation Adiministration and Rural Development Srinagar.
Notification: click here
Official Website : click here